Sony RX100VI or Canon G5X Mark II?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RosaBlu New Member • Posts: 11
Sony RX100VI or Canon G5X Mark II?

I’m looking to get the best image quality compact zoom camera I can. I realize that even though I love my Fuji X-T2, it’s size/weight keep me from using it often, especially for travel and street photography. (I understand it’s all subjective but trying to get as much information as possible to make the best choice I can.)

- I love the idea that the Sony RX100Vi has a range of 24-200 but think that the aperture of 2.8-4.5 wouldn’t be good (or as good) as the Canon G5xMarkii in low light.

- I see that these cameras are pretty close in cost, so that’s not really an issue for me. (I know there is a newer model of Sony out but I don’t need the video features and can save a bit by going with the older RX100VI.)

I’ve looked at the sample galleries here and the image comparison tool here as well and can’t really tell a difference.

Any insight you have is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Canon PowerShot G5 X Fujifilm X-T2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow