Great camera!

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dwill23 Senior Member • Posts: 1,222
Great camera!

I had previous mirror-less cameras from Canon. Even the M2 which I had to order from Japan (never made it to US market) and took me an hr to get the language set to English.  But they were all slow, which was ok.

This one is fast.

Fast to focus, fast to shoot, fast FPS!

The sensor is now up there with the Sony's, eventho Canon was only in 2nd place...in other words, their sensors were always great, but now they are super great!

32MP is a lot.  Your file sizes will be large.  I normally shoot it in 15MP mode.  It does take a bit to clear the buffer.  I can get about 30pics on high speed FPS before it stops, then 2 pics, then 3 pics then 2 pics, etc.  That's a lot of pics, but could be faster at flushing those huge files to the card.  (using an ultra fast sony sd card 300mb/sec write).

I want canon to make a smaller external flash.  I have the big huge ones, but I need something more compact to fix in my hard case.

Yes, you should get the EVF version 2.  The version 1 will work but with much slower refersh so I would assume it wouldn't do well with sports.  Overall, this camera is just so so for sports, but maybe all mirror less cameras aren't good for sports, which is why pros aren't going to sony mirror less (noted from a story on this site).

The battery life is good, thank fully they don't listen to this site, gripe about not being able to charge the battery in the camera, and thus not give you an external charger, what a horrible idea, and i hate when my sony came and I had to leave it charging in a hotel room, whereas with this camera,,,,,, throw your extra battery on the SUPPLIED AC wall charger.  in camera charging is well documented to be a well hated feature among users.  This site's reviewers are letting strange personal wants influence camera makers to include this hindrance to keep it out of the "cons" list.

I love the camera, and I'm actually printing pictures again!

-- hide signature --

lenses make the image, the camera only records it.

dwill23's gear list:dwill23's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony a7 III Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS M6 Mark II
33 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Aug 28, 2019
dwill23's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow