Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Senior Member • Posts: 4,754
Re: Funny, isn't it?

Magnar W wrote:

And colors - again, this is just an issue for JPG shooters who are unable to chose in-camera options for color settings. There are plenty of optional settings if you want different out-of-camera color.

And people who use RAW processors that emulate Sony's tone curve by default.  Which is sadly both of the major Windows products (Adobe products and C1)

RAW is all about profiles.

Which unfortunately, as stated above, all are designed to emulate JPEG behavior in the most well-known software packages.

Adobe and profiles - "use this profile or that profile, we won't tell you what it's doing without using third-party software to reverse engineer it"

RawTherapee - "Select your profile, and select which profile components you wish to use.  Tone curve is off by default in favor of the tone curve selection in the Exposure tab."

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow