Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Eugleo Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Rmcp20 wrote:

The Davinator wrote:

A few corrections. DOF is controlled by the lens. There are lenses that offer razor thin DOF for Fuji...and with a speed booster, even more option. Second, the sensor in then a72 is worse, not better than Fuji at high iso. Finally, you have the atrocious ergonomics and menus with the Sony.

Worse high iso

XTrans superior for Moire compared to the poor Bayer sensor in the Sony

You can't really compare it like this, because at the same exposure the Sony would at about 1/2 stop lower ISO, so probably Fuji at 6400 and Sony at 5000.

And that 1/2 stop is only for the FF, but you have to consider the IBIS as well — if I understand it correctly, for stills it would allow me to make the shutter slower and thus further lower the ISO. I’m not sure how big of an effect that would have, though. What do you think?

Its true that the A7II isn't the FF to look at, probably the OP would be much better suited with an A7R2, specially considering he is looking to photograph still objects, however that one seems to be out of his budget.

That’s true. I’m still thinking about buying into the system with A7II and then upgrading the body once the prices of the newer models drop.

Personally i would buy an X-T2 and a 18-55, and later add one of the f2 lenses depending what he's is shooting most.

Samyang 12mm f2 is landscape (manual but good)

Oh, so there are some third-party native non-legacy lenses for Fuji as well? Tell me more, please! I thought ball is on the Sony’s side for this one (cheap and good 3rd party lenses— even with AF, if need be).

23mm f2 or 35mm f2 for street and family gatherings indoors

50mm f2 for portraits

Thanks for the recommendations!

There is also the X-T30, if the smaller size is fine on the handling side. Has the benefits of the X-T3 in a smaller body, but its not WR and the EVF is a bit smaller.

However it has Eye-AF which is a good thing for family/friends shoots.

I think I’d rather have a bigger body, because it would fit my hands better. A bigger EVF is also a big plus.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow