Amateur Photographer, but beginner studio questions equipment etc

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Panther-Aaron New Member • Posts: 6
Amateur Photographer, but beginner studio questions equipment etc

Hello all,

Thanks for giving this some thought. I will appreciate your feedback as we have painted ourselves into a mental corner.

I have been shooting for a while now, and have done some weddings and portraits etc. But never in a studio, and the place where I work is setting up a studio for portraits, headshots etc. Very exciting! I know there's lots to learn, and I'll be glad to hear from anyone on running the studio in general.

We have prepared the area and got some lights etc (nothing too expensive - just to get ourselves started). We need to confirm some details over the camera equipment - and I need a little help please.

I own a Canon 5dmk3, and am happy to use this in the studio with my 24-105 f4 L lens.

But my colleague, the owner of the company, is thinking that it would be better to have a camera that we can leave here, rather than me bringing and using mine (this makes sense, as in the future, it will not JUST be myself using the camera).

So our purchase options are:

Used
Canon 6d body + Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM (approx £650)

New
Canon EOS RP Digital Camera Body with 24-105mm f4 L IS USM Lens and EF Adapter (approx £2000)

It's true that I am more familiar with Canon, so I lean that way - and I have nice experience with Canon lenses. So I haven't included any others brands, but O'm happy to hear your thoughts.

Our requirements are:

• to make the system as reliable and bulletproof as possible
  • Nice image quality - our skills will improve - but we want to start with high quality images
  • decent zoom rang. My 24-105 f4 works nicely in our setting

Again, thanks for reading this. I will appreciate your feedback anyone/everyone.

Thanks, 
Aaron

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow