frames per second while using flash problem or works as intended?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
freelancerx8 New Member • Posts: 4
frames per second while using flash problem or works as intended?

So im wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.. basically i did some testing with my z6 the other day and i realised that while using my orlit strobe with the trq6 the frame rate is more or less the same even if i change the camera to L or H. it seems to be about 2 frames per second (maybe less). I made sure to change the flash sync speed to auto in settings and even while using high speed sync same thing happened.

I attached an old sb700 i had and sure enough same behaviour.

Then i attached some older triggers i had from yongnuo specifically these (https://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-622N-Wireless-Trigger-Transceivers/dp/B00CXM03D2)

and to my surprise the camera operated completely normally, the camera screen did show that a flash unit was connected (denoted by the little flash icon on the bottom right of the screen) but the shutter speed was the same as if there was no flash connected, 5.5 fps in H mode.

so what i did then was connect my orlit transmitter on top of the yongnuo, then put that on top of my camera and bam my orlit trobe was firing at 5.5 fps.

Did i accidentally find some weird workaround?

I dont have the godox or flashpoint system could anyone with any of those transmitters let me know if they have the same reduced frame rate while using those direct on camera?..

Anyone know if the camera should be firing at 5.5 fps with the flash? or is there something wrong with my camera??

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow