I finally got it

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 3,626
Re: I finally got it

Max Iso wrote:

fferreres wrote:

doady wrote:

Agreed. Micro Four Thirds users obviously are not as serious or knowledgeable about photography as a full frame user like yourself. If their standards are low enough to be satisfied by a Micro Four Thirds camera, they will be equally as satisfied by a smartphone. It's only a matter of time before they all realize that and ditch all of their Micro Four Thirds cameras and instead just use their smartphones to get similar results.

Sorry, but I also own and use EM1 and have a few M.Zuiko Pro lenses and they are very good. You confuse the messenger with the message. Good thing is we don't need to discuss anything else, just wait. And note, the fact that I told you, influenced in no way the outcome. You just didn't like the news and I agree...I also don't like it.

In case we are waiting for quite a while, maybe somebody can answer a question. What do you suppose the motives are for somebody like me who owns two MFT bodies, but also a Nikon DSLR and a Canon ML, and likely a Canon DSLR in the near future?

Is it still "nostalgia or melancholy" if i own multiple other systems, of different sensor sizes and lens ecosystems? What do these guys do with those of us who don't fit neatly into little boxes?

It tells me you are one of those that can leverage maybe longer tele and advantages of M43 which has several, especially video and tele. Also the great wether sealing, etc. if EM1/1X bodies. And that you are increasingly a minority. My comment is about the future choices being more limited. I am not sure M43 format can thrive, to the contrary.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow