Help. Poor color accuracy with artwork photography. Colorchecker is failing me. I am clueless.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
generic930 New Member • Posts: 9
Help. Poor color accuracy with artwork photography. Colorchecker is failing me. I am clueless.

I am a hobbyist who's trying to digitize our old family photos. There are no negatives in existence.

Some pictures have yellowed or were taken with incorrect exposure but I would like to preserve the photos as they are today so we can feel the same thing when looking at them digitized or reprinted.

I am encountering a problem with the color accuracy. The digitized picture's colors are way off. I tried with and without the ColorChecker Passport, I tried different picture styles in the camera settings, different white balance but it's never even close to the original. Surprisingly the settings that are the closest are Picture style faithful in camera settings combined with Adobe Standard in Lightroom. The most color accurate pictures are the one taken with my Iphone X.

I linked an example of one of the photo I am trying to digitize. The first picture is the JPEG after ColorChecker Passport profile applied, which is too red. The second is the photo taken with my phone, which is more color accurate than the one taken with my DSLR in the first picture. The third is just my setup. https://imgur.com/a/4PXWsEV

The equipment I use:
-Canon 80D kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
- Viltrox L116T LED
-ColorChecker Passport 2

Help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow