Help me expand my kit / more diverse shooting opportunities

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KaanG Regular Member • Posts: 204
Help me expand my kit / more diverse shooting opportunities

Hi everyone,

I used to call myself a prime shooter for a very long time. But as I started to get used to the PL 8-18mm (on my GX9 body) I started to see the advantage of shooting with zooms. Now I have no intentions to start a zoom/prime debate as both has it's place. My question is about expanding my kit in order to open up new photographic opportunities. In another words, I want to learn how to see "longer"

Portability is very important as I know I wouldn't carry a huge bazooka with me especially on holidays. Image quality is also important as I am used to shooting with primes with my lovely PL15mm and P20mm. So I am willing to pay extra for a good balance between these two. Here are my options:

* Get the Panasonic 14-140mm : I liked the image samples. Not at the same league as the PL 15mm but it is not expected. Small and light. It would pair well with my PL 8-18

**Mount it on a second m43 body. I like the GX9 as the shooting experience is very nice. I can add the grip if I need to attach a bigger lens. But adding a mid tier Olympus body would open up new opportunities (i.e. olympus colors, better evf etc)

*Go a little bit wild and buy into another system.

** Fuji : I had the XF 18-55mm before. It was OK but nothing special. I will get back my beloved fuji colors which I loved. But his lens mounted on a XE3 should not be different than PL 12-60mm on GX9 in both size and output quality

** Sony FF : A Tamron 28-75mm or Sony 24-105mm would be a good performer. The examples coming from sony lens looks really nice. Plus I can get the new sony 35mm f1.8 for ultimate night shooting experience. But this combo will be a little bit expensive and big, plus I have to deal with the terrible sony experience

* I was planning to get the X100F, but after trying it, I realized it would invalidate my most loved lenses (PL15mm and P20mm). The X100F is a great tool so is the PL15mm. So no improvements there, just a sideways movement which is not what I am looking for

OK what do you guys think ?

Appreciate your inputs

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100F Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow