Fuji X-H1 vs X-T3 Autofocus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JayPhizzt Senior Member • Posts: 1,289
Re: Fuji X-H1 vs X-T3 Autofocus

Peter Heckert2 wrote:

Hello,

I think about a Fuji X-H1 or X-T3.
My priorities are good and affordable lenses and image quality, and autofocus for stills, nature photography, birds and animals and so on, maybe BIF.

I think to get the Fuji 100-400mm lens which is stabilized.

The autofocus should be snappy and very accurate, because I take crops out of my fotos. It should focus preferrably to foreground, not to background, even if backgroud has more contrast, so the focus point should be small enough.
Features like precapture (capture a limited amount of pictures before the shot) are very welcome.

I am not interested in video, face recognition and so on. I would buy a camera that has no video at all, if it fits my needs and my bank account.

Which of these aforementioned cameras is best for me?

• Peter

If you prioritize image quality and mainly shoot wildlife I would honestly say Fuji isn't the best choice. While the Fujinon 100-400mm has pretty good image quality and fast AF, there are better lenses for Nikon, Canon etc. for this. There are also a lot more options available for them when it comes to telephoto lenses.

Regarding AF the X-T3 is better, but the X-H1 is very good as well. The upsides to the X-H1 is of course also the IBIS and the bigger/deeper grip, things that can be very beneficial when using heavy lenses with long focal lengths. When it comes to focus priority and focus points these things can of course be adjusted to be as optimal as possible for the situation. The smallest focus point is very small

JayPhizzt's gear list:JayPhizzt's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow