Body, Lens, Kit for under 750$ for photo and 4K video?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TarunVader10 New Member • Posts: 10
Body, Lens, Kit for under 750$ for photo and 4K video?

I need good photo and 4K video capabilities. I prefer that the camera is relatively new with good features that will future proof it as I can't upgrade for a few more years.

I'll mostly use it for family, travel, special events and also just try out different types of photography and video in general. I don't have the best lighting conditions but I think any of my options would do fine compared to budget smartphone cameras or old point and shoots that I use now.

I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

Canon Rebel SL3 with 18-55 mm lens and accessory kit for 599$ (I might get just the body for 499$ and add an 18-135 and a prime(35/50 mm) or just add a telephoto and a prime used to this bundle). My concerns are only AF in video and crop in 4K. I don't how big of a deal the rolling shutter and lack of DPAF make to final end result. I assume with some practice and skill from my side I could do a lot with this camera even in terms of video, right?

Sony A6100 with 16-50 mm and accessory kit for 748$. Not many reviews out. It does seem to be a the best of both worlds and the composite body and low-res VF don't bother me. Will a good combo of lenses with the other two options beat this in terms of value?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 with 12-60 mm, 45-150 mm and an accessory kit for 698$. I can't find as many cheap lenses as the Canon same with the Sony but since I won't upgrade for a while this should do pretty well. My only question is if I should go for this and enjoy it and then worry later about spending a bit more for a higher end product.

If you guys have a favorite between the 3 or lens ideas for the SL3 then please help me out.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow