A7 III battery will not pop out as per the instruction manual.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,679
A7 III battery will not pop out as per the instruction manual.

When I say "body" I do mean the body itself and more particularly the battery compartment.  I have two new genuine Sony NP-FZ100 batteries, one that came with the camera and one I bought separately in the same order.

I charged the battery via the camera body and supplied USB charger and cable.  I had trouble removing the battery as per the instructions on page 25 of the manual.  Finally, I figured out I had to push the base of the battery toward the front of the camera while holding the lock lever in the unlock position.  The battery then popped out freely.

Wanting to eliminate the battery as the problem, I tried the other battery, same problem.  I doubt I have two misformed batteries so it looks more like a body defect.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow