27mm F2.8 opinions?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
sixfootzero
sixfootzero Contributing Member • Posts: 671
Re: 27mm F2.8 opinions?

I got an X-E1 a few years ago, and the 27mm f2.8 was the first Fuji lens I got for it.  I also recently got an X-H1, so we appear to have similar taste in camera bodies.

On the X-E1, with latest firmware, the lens is slow to focus and can have trouble locking on in very dark conditions.  The size of this combo really does encourage you to carry the camera all the time.  I recently went to Disney for a few days, and carried the combo on a wrist strap, with no camera bag.  Very handy.

On the X-H1, the lens is so quick to focus that sometimes I have to check that it is even working.  Zap:  focus.  Right now.  On the down side, the camera body is so big, I haven't really gotten comfortable taking it everywhere with me yet.  Doesn't really seem like a wrist strap kind of camera but luckily the neck strap supplied with the camera is really nice.  The 27mm f2.8 doesn't even extend past the camera's grip.

sixfootzero's gear list:sixfootzero's gear list
Samsung NX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
lk2
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow