Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JayPhizzt Senior Member • Posts: 1,291
Re: Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Eugleo wrote:

I know there's just so much you can generally say without knowing my exact use case and environment, but... It would help me greatly if you just said something like the following:

IBIS is useful for times above 1s, which most of the time means either

• A long exposure landscape, but you might as well just take your tripod with you, or shoot sub 1s.
  • A city street in the middle of the night, if you want to keep your ISO at useable (sub 1600) levels.

So, probably, most of the time, most of the photographers, won't miss IBIS as much.

I know there's a lot of generalization (and frankly, there will always be some), but I'm actually in a worse position than you to evaluate my need for IBIS, because I don't really know when it's useful, not even in the general case.

IBIS is useful for much faster shutter speeds than 1s But how useful it is also depends a lot on what focal length you're shooting at. For really long focal lengths it will of course become even more useful.

You can of course also look at the X-H1, which has IBIS. If you for example will get lenses without OIS in the future.

There are like I mentioned also several lenses with OIS, which is also an option. Like for example the kitlens, Fujinon 18-55/2.8-4 which I recommended earlier

JayPhizzt's gear list:JayPhizzt's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow