G9 or M1.2 ?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Winmeister Regular Member • Posts: 327
Re: G9 or M1.2 ?..my story

Felice62 wrote:

Very interesting. I think the flexibility of cameras packed in features like the G9 and M1.2 gives you so much latitude...

I have purchased my second G9 and 10 mins ago pulled the trigger on the PL50-200. THis is the setup I had in mind months ago and finally being materialized.

Now it's time for me to get rid of some unused gear I have and enjoy my wished for lineup.

BTW, huge and detailed panorama!

what will you visit in France?

I live in the south west.

Cheers

Felice

Thanks. Honestly, for me, shift lenses (only sharp ones and wide angles) has made MFT to pixel levels of my Nikon and Sony. Yes, takes about 6-8sec to shoot 3 x row in portrait mode hand-held. I have posters I printed on A0. Two of my favorite pics are 171Mps Pano and other is 'just' 36Mps of Nikon D800. They are hanging in my office, I can't not tell IQ even at close range...for me, because they are sharp images, regardless of MPs.

So, approximately 36MPs is my sweet spot..now with G9 or GX9, I can do that! PL50-200 is great lens! I was thinking about it, but I have 40-150 with 1.4X already, so even if heavy and no OIS, I will wait for a while.

I am planning to drive along coast of South of Spain toward Barcelona, Girona then to Perpignan. Leaving to my wife to plan exactly, so not entirely sure yet!

Enjoy G9 as well!!!

Winmeister's gear list:Winmeister's gear list
Sony RX100 III Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 +69 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow