Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Eugleo Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: Fuji X-T2 vs Sony A7II

Buttons252 wrote:

The Fuji is going to be a lot more fun to use, but the A7ii is going to be the better camera. I just got an X-H1 and Ibis is a HUGE deal. I can shoot indoors at ISO 200-600 with slower shutter speeds where as with the sony you can shoot at iso 1600-3200 without a care in the world.

If I understand you correctly, with IBIS you can enjoy longer shutter speeds and so you can keep ISO as low as 200-600 indoors, as opposed to shooting without IBIS, which has to be done at ISO 1600-3200 to keep the shutter speeds manageable.

There are some IS lenses, though, right? I'm not sure how much money and weight I'd be sacrificing, but that might be an option.

If you prefer shooting jpg, outdoors I think you would be fine with the Fuji. I had some trouble with my sony gettings people skin tones correct in post processing. Fuji pictures straight out of camera look great.

I actually plan to shoot raw only (or mostly). Otherwise your post seems to favor Fuji more — as in, I'd love to actually enjoy the photography!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow