First images with Fuji GFX 100 (Slovenia)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kristian1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,486
First images with Fuji GFX 100 (Slovenia)

We are just back from my first trip with Fuji system, Spent one week in Slovenia (Kranjska Gora and Lake Bohinj)

Used with Fuji 23mm f4 (best but least used), 32-64mm f4 and 100-200mm f5.6 (also had some Canon lenses but didn't use those much).

Didn't expect much from this time of year , not autumn and still not winter but I am so lucky to be very wrong , it was one amazing week with so many interesting lights and clouds , couldn't wish for anything more

Few things about using Fuji camera in real world.

Overall not major problems was there , most of the things I need to get used to.

But what I wish to be better:

- shutter is too sensitive in cold weather when wanting half press , camera would take the picture (start timer).

- buttons are a bit too small specially when using gloves, and switches has a bit cheap feelings.

- My main problem was getting perfect focus. lenses are not perfect and sometimes one side is sharper then other , but each day i was getting more even sharpness across the frame (some times MF was must , but sometimes AF can do the job). I wish lenses would have focus scale (it was actually biggest problem for me).

- I wish Fuji 100-200 would be 80-160 , f5.6 is fine for landscapes but the gap between 64 and 100 is quite large (in this trip I needed actually that focal length quite a lot).

The good things:

- IQ of course , there is really quite large gap from FF cameras , and for me it was well worth it. dynamic range with so much details is so great to have (but for details you must "work" a bit). Banding can be problem not only when pushing shadows but also too much PP can bring it as well.

- I like that exposure can go longer then 30 sec.

- Lenses optically are great specially 23mm and 32-64mm , but 100-200 can be problematic , my copy is soft on right side unless focusing on that side (even then it can be hit or miss).

- Stabilization does help in some situations , so some fast shots can be made without setting up the tripod.

Over all I am very happy with the system , it will be only better with time I am sure.

Here are few images from the trip , hope you will like them , i posted full size images that you can check up close , not all images are perfectly sharp , but since it was my first time with camera in real world I am glad with results.

1. World inside world , it was one of the most amazing natural shows I have ever seen

2. Sunrise that lasted very short time

All the best

Kristian

kristian1's gear list:kristian1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS R Fujifilm GFX 100 Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow