HOGAN: Z-AF tracking is on par with Sony, only one problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ltcdata Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Old news

What i like from thom, is that he has a LOT of experience in sports-wildlife, and it shows if you look at the images he produces. even with "budget" bodies squeezed to maximum.

He reviews bodies as a long time nikon user, so he expects a lot in the usability aspect of them.

And reviews lenses not by MTF graphs like dxo... he uses them in low light, in africa, in galapagos, and tests resolution, coma, astigmatism, flare, etc all in real life conditions, and that's a big plus.

Also he talks a lot about the character of the lens. Check his 58mm/1.4G review: not everything is about corner-to-corner sharpness.

When i read anything he writes, i know its a good and honest.

Lloyd Chambers, for example, wants to extract every little speck of detail and dynamic range from a correctly exposed and calibrated image from a perfect apochromatic lens. If you do a lot of landscape, architecture, etc, his site is the place to go to read reviews and select your ideal GEAR.

ltcdata's gear list:ltcdata's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow