27mm F2.8 opinions?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ragbasti Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: 27mm F2.8 opinions?

Buttons252 wrote:

I just got an X-H1 + 90mm Bundle. I also have an X-E1 + 18-55mm F2.8-4. Honestly, the 18-55mm is not impressing me so far. Its not a big lens, but it still prevents the X-E1 from fitting in my pocket. Considering selling it and getting the 27mm F2.8 prime. I would be a lot more likely to bring the camera with me to places. Without OIS i would probably be shooting the 27mm wide open a lot. How is the edge to edge sharpness ? Should I just stick with the 18-55?

I think the 18-55mm wide open at 27mm is F3.6 at least thats what ive been getting.

The 27/2.8 is a great little lens. It really makes any Fuji Camera pocketable, aside from maybe the X-H1

It's super sharp in the center but takes some stopping down to get great corners, I usually shoot it at f4-5.6 when I ahve lots of light available.
With how small a package it is, you just have to weigh your own expectations vs the reality of what can be achieved.

Unfortunately, the lens doesn't have a aperture ring but aside from that it's a joy to use and a really nice all-purpose focal length.
Low light with the lens is not recommended, it tends to hunt quite a bit on my X-T2.
If I had to sell all lenses but one, the 27mm would probably last I'd sell before keeping my Mitakon

-- hide signature --

If you want to experience the Dunning-Kruger effect first hand, then just join a forum debate about photography.

ragbasti's gear list:ragbasti's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
lk2
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow