G9 or M1.2 ?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Felice62
OP Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 2,323
Re: G9 or M1.2 ?

Pretoret wrote:

Felice62 wrote:

Stephane SHG wrote:

Hi, about the cameras I'd take the Olympus EM1 mk 2 without hesitation. The AF, features, size and olympus lenses make it a superb camera.

BUT, your EM1 mk 2 come from Grey market ( hong kong) while the G9 is from a good actual shop in France with 3 year warranty. If you are ok with Grey market I'd personnaly go with HDEWcameras. It's a very good shop with good support and 3 year warranty too. if you're not G9 it is..

Thank you for your contribution. Re the AF it really depends whether you need PDAF or not. I must confess the DFD autofocus of the G9 is darn fast. Certainly not slower then my A7R2. What are the features of the M1.2 that I would miss with the G9, if I may ask?

RE grey mearket I am not against, in principle. If the source is reputed I am fine with it.

But I'll check HDEWCameras for good!

Cheers

Felice

If you are ok for grey market I guess you should also be able to find some great deal for G9.
I am also into the market to replace my 'old' M5 MKII.
Currently best offers in france from known internet resellers seems to be about
1499€ for M1.2 -150€ olympus special offer until 15th of January
and 1199€ for the G9 -200€ panasonic cashback. That makes a difference in favor of G9.
Not taking into account various current 'Black Friday offers' that might spare a few euros more.
I also keep an eye on new M5 MKIII as at 1199€ it is not so expensive given that for the most part it is on par with M1.2 and brings some interesting new options.
Might be available around 1000 - 1100€ soon, but since I have considered the G9 and its last firmware upgrade I can't make up my mind!
I am very tempted to switch to G9 but it is in a totally different league regarding size and weight. I am afraid I might loose the advantages of compact m4/3 for traveling and day to day use. I must say I also have Nikon D750 and D810 for higher quality landscapes, portraits and studio.

I just finalized the purchase of my second G9. I got it at an incredible price (hope it will materialize for good..) with extended 4 yrs warranty. Although not exactly a small camera what I appreciuate a lot is its handling. It fits perfectly my hands and all the buttons are right there, where you expect them to be. Size matters but I am not a radical. Handling comes first. Lenses will have the same size of any other MFT camera out there. Some, like the m10.2 needed a L-bracket for me to be grabbed wit a certain degree of confidence...

To be honest I think my A7Rii will collect more and more dust....

-- hide signature --

If only closed minds came with closed mouths..

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow