Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Felice62
OP Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 2,323
Re: G9 or M1.2 ?

Harold66 wrote:

Felice62 wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

F

Logic would tell me to purchase the g9 and the pl50-200, I agree.

This is a great combo . I was an olympus user until a trip to Africa with this exact combination (plus a free battery grip) made me switch to Panasonic

I am a shaker but the dual IS on this combo produces unbelievable results

Harold

This is my wished configuration with the 12-69 and Ina while 8-18.

Hello Felice

This is pretty similar to my work combination. I am by nature a single focal length guy but I have the 8/18 and the 50/200 .

I may have gone for a weather sealed AF 10mm if there was one in the m4/3 line up but this is not the case. In practice I use this lens as a 8/12mm zoom as I have no use of the longer focal lengths on this zoom

In my opinion if there is a focal range where a zoom makes more sense it is with long tele lenses when the photographer often does not have the time or the possibility to move forward and the 50/200mm is the best zoom I have ever owned regardless of the system

For like regular focal lengths (say between 28mm and 100mm) I much prefer to have primes which fit my style better and also allow to keep the iso low

Therefore , contrary to many people , the trans standard focal length range is the area where I have no interest for a zoom . I use the 20mm and the 42.5mm

but if I had to go for a zoom in that range I would likely get the PL 12-60mm

Harold

Thanks Harold,

It surely makes a lot of sense. 50-200 is quite of a FOV to cover by simply moving back/forward

In the ideal world I would like to use primes only but real life is a different story. The convenience of a zoom lens is immense...

Btw just pulled the trigger.

G9 body, 4 years official Panasonic Italia warranty, including delivery for 820€.from a brick& mortar store in Italy selling online as well. This is the absolute best price I have seen.

Let's hope it is true

Felice

-- hide signature --

If only closed minds came with closed mouths..

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow