Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
FujLiver
FujLiver Contributing Member • Posts: 785
I know you are not a troll but ....

The Sony system is the number one mirrorless and FF mirrorless in the world. now Sony is number one in japan for all camera sales

it has been going for far longer then the Canon, Nikon and Panasonic effort

Obviously therefore there will be more people leaving the system then any other. Perhaps they want a change, perhaps they bought in by mistake, perhaps they are just gas flippers, who knows .....

What I do know is that the Sony camera system is so good, so ergonomic, with such great technology and fabulous lens range, OEM and 3rd party, that people who want to attack it have a hard time, so they go for the more emotional insults and the menu system, which is an easy target

What I would say to you, is to not worry about other people, choose the system that appeals the most to you. Also look for the good review sites, like amateur photographer, ephotozine, the-digital-picture, thephotoblogger, philipreeve, etc, and leave the more excitable click bait ones alone, especially some of the YouTube reviewers (fronow is quite good)

and try it yourself in a shop

despite all the discounting and hype surrounding the others, the A7iii is still number one in the US, UK and Japan (and probably others which I don’t monitor), despite not being the cheapest by far. That tells you all you need to know ...

Oh, and BTW the lens availability is magical

-- hide signature --

"No photograph survives first contact with the subject"

FujLiver's gear list:FujLiver's gear list
Sony a7R III Leica CL Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Leica TL 18mm F2.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow