I finally got it

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 14,428
Re: I finally got it

fferreres wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

fferreres wrote:

... anyone sticking to a M43 or small sensor format or pocketable, maybe not now, but soon, will have to confess they like it more mostly due to nostalgia or melancholy.

When smartphones routinely offer a wide range of lenses, eye-level viewfinders, articulating LCDs, bounceable Xenon flashes, real optical zooms, and real physical controls, and maybe even just built-in tripod sockets and sensible remote control capabilities ... then we can talk about reasons for buying a dedicated camera supposedly being 'mostly due to nostalgia or melancholy'.

It's a prediction. In 3 years, M43 will be a dead format for photographs. Only for semi pro video will remain.

Let's check back in three years to see if smartphones have picked up any of the things I mentioned. (In the meantime, I personally use three different dead or dying systems for almost all of what I shoot because they can handle the work.)

Photograph oriented cameras will either collapse to mobiles or move up. No wonder Panasonic quickly reverse track and went FF.

What's a photograph oriented camera as opposed to some other type?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow