I finally got it

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
fferreres Senior Member • Posts: 2,991
Re: I finally got it

vzlnc wrote:

Also, factor in that people's tastes have been spoiled by using phones for viewing and taking pics. On the small screens ppl dont really notice the shortcomings of the images.

Blurry, OOF, grainy, overprocessed, detail-less images are shared and liked and have become normalized. Many people have actually forgotten that optical zoom exists and what a difference it makes. Recently I was explaining this to a friend who has a D3300 he doesnt use. He never bothered to see what his D3300 can do and uses his iphone for family pics mainly.

Also, to the huge majority of people, pics only mean snaps they take at a function or get-together and as long as they can convey to the social media that they are having fun, and that they are awesome, the actual technical quality of the image is irrelevant. 99% or pics taken today are probably selfies. That itself precludes any kind of proper camera.

Well, even photography sites host even worst than this kind of quality. And it's not their fault, it's what people like. Look at the Dogs challenge, especially, see the #1 and #2. I wish they had used a cel phone for those ones.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow