a6400 body only or kit with 18-135?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nct1596 New Member • Posts: 6
a6400 body only or kit with 18-135?

I have decided to upgrade my a6000 to the a6400.  I recognize that image quality in terms of technicalities may not be much better but the other advances in the new body - especially related to autofocus are what I’m mainly after.

I am torn between choosing the 6400 as a body only setup or also get the kit with the 18-135.

I currently have the Sony 35 1.8 and 50 1.8 as well as the Zony 16-70. I’ve heard decent things about the kit lens for the range/convenience but am wondering if it will be a wise investment to have (especially on the long end) or something that sits on the shelf.  As a kit it comes with a bit of a discount.

Or, with the savings of going with a body only purchase are there other recommendations for a lens?  I mainly shoot family/travel/life and have a 1 year old.  I’ve thought about the Zony 24 1.8 and even the new 16-55 2.8 to nearly replace all my primes and get the wide end. I do understand this would be slower and unstabilized.

Thoughts/recommendations??

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dht
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow