I finally got it

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
Richrf
Richrf Contributing Member • Posts: 654
Re: I finally got it

Smartphones, which have smarter software and faster processing chips, are able to automatically apply post processing effects (computational photography) within the camera thus obviating the need for the photographer to learn and use complicated desktop software. This is huge and it is getting better all other time. Traditional camera makers refused to recognize and address this problem and thus became vulnerable. Pixel 4 now has a double exposure bar that that recover highlights and shadows, giving the photography more manual control. This trend will continue. I don't know what lies in the future, but ILC smartphones is certainly doable and may be test marketed. Smartphones are much, much more than sufficient and are getting better by the year as this becomes the one major  distinguishing characteristic that manufacturers compete on. They have the money and resources. Sooc images is where it is at.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow