Just sold A7iii and bought Z6 with 24-70 2.8 Need you to help me feel good ;)

Started 2 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pclarktx New Member • Posts: 12
Just sold A7iii and bought Z6 with 24-70 2.8 Need you to help me feel good ;)

All, I just switched from an A7iii with 70-200 2.8, 24-70 2.8 and 85 1.4.  I moved because I just could not get used to the ergonomics of the Sony and the terrible menu.

I have been shooting Canon and Nikon DSLR's for years and wanted to go mirrorless for the EVF, and IBIS.  I shoot the following:

1. Portraits (High School Sr's, Headshots/Corporate and occasionally editorial work but not as often as the first two.)

2. Weddings but haven't pushed them and only about 1/4 of what I do.

My thoughts on replacing the Sony with the Nikon were that mirrorless was the direction I wanted to head orgionally and Nikon had IBIS and better ergonomics and menu vs. Canon having not great reviews and no IBIS.

I waivered between the D850 and Z6 not because of resolution but because of autofocus and not having a complete set of lenses built for the body.  That being said I only have the 24-70 2.8 and hope the 70-200 is soon to be released.  I also know if push comes to shove I can get a 70-200 VR II using the Z adapter that I've read will work fairly well.

I almost waited because I know the Z9 (whatever that will be) is rumored but no guarantee.

Based on my info above do you feel that I made the right decision or is it possible I should have gone with the D850?  Not too late.  It's not arrived from Adorama yet.   My thought is I can upgrade to the Z whatever for better focus if I need it but at least I will be on the road to the Z lenses by the time it comes out. I don't need higher resolution but wouldn't hurt me either as I would have more room for cropping.

Thanks!

Casio Exilim EX-Z9 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow