Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Veteran Member • Posts: 8,791
Re: Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

A-Marc wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

seems like I read quite a number of threads where folks jump ship from Sony for those specific 4 items.

if Sony can be a leader in such hi tech areas as sensor development and eye focus , why cant they get the hand grip, portrait color science and an intuitive menu system right ???

just to be clear … I am not saying these things - but just look for yourself on the other forums at the number of Sony owners reaching out as they are about to eBay their Sony systems and buy Nikon, Canon R or Fuji

i think its just a normal human behaviour, to not be flexible enough and change habits.

instead of looking at the benefits what it could bring, most moan about what it doesnt bring. For some reason people think they can view both sides of the coin at the same time. take the ergonomics for example, they want bigger cameras, but as light as a compact one. they want huge load of menu settings, but wont deal with learning the extra features.

i think the menu system of the R4 is next to perfect. Ergonomics, color and controls are far better from all my past cameras i ve owned.

All these are just user preference, your vs my that each better in our respective choice.

I am so happy with Sony system after 10-year Canon FF ownership. I have owned so many Sony FF ML cameras and just added another one, A7r IV today. Just make our own respective choice based on our preference and priority, why we should ever care others' opinion?

BTW, Sony takes over Canikon in Japan market.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7869207001/sony-overtakes-canon-and-nikon-to-dominate-the-full-frame-camera-market-in-japan

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow