Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
hungrylau Senior Member • Posts: 1,311
Re: Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

From my own personal experience, I find it quite difficult to navigate the menu when I have to do unfamiliar things (e.g. tethered shooting, remote shooting, flash, video). But if I am just taking simple portraits, family photos, sports/action photos, I have absolutely no issues with the controls, menus or ergonomics of the camera.

If you ever mount a loxia or any other manual lens on the camera, it is an absolute joy to use. Every single control you would ever want is accessible either through a custom button, the D pad, function menu or joystick. Same again if you have a simple AF lens like a 55mm f/1.8 or 1635 f/4.

Complex scenes with multiple things to focus on? Just use the touchscreen to focus on what you want. Don't like the touchscreen, just use the joystick on the back of the camera..

In regards to colour, yes, there are differences. But those differences are not gamebreakers when considering these systems as a whole. Others disagree, and that's fine. These are all good cameras with different strengths and weaknesses.

hungrylau's gear list:hungrylau's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Loxia 35 Zeiss Loxia 50
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow