Sony A7 iii with Peak Design 10 L - version 1 vs 2

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 1,353
Sony A7 iii with Peak Design 10 L - version 1 vs 2

This is my opinion after about 18 months with version 1 since June of 2018.

Cut to the chase. Don't buy version 2 unless you cant buy version 1 of the 10L. Version 1 I think is a better bag vs version 2

Peak Design 10 L version 2 review call it observations

Both bags are good but of you want the 10 L version get the original I see no reason to get version 2 unless while you have a choice and before they are discontinued.

Past the differences the manufacture describes and they told me the lid on version 2 is wider. Unless I am doing something wrong this is not true.

this is my very initial impression

Version 2 the zipper is made better and moves smoother than version 1

Version 1 can expand with the front straps version 2 cannot. Version 1 can be made more compact ( little bit) when cinching the front straps. Perhaps for less gear or packing a smaller empty bag

The front compartment and under the lid area seem more spacious to me in version 1

Version one lid opens / main compartment wider than version 2

The front zipper pocket of version 1 opens wider and has more utility. Version 2 is just a big open pocket for stuff no organization like version 1 with a second pocket. I find organization helpful then a junk drawer.

The lid pocket of version 2 seems flimsy vs version 1, not structured enough for stiffness

The stitching on version 2 seems better than version 1 but I have no issue with version 1

The extra minuscule larger size of version 2 I think happens because the bottom of the bag is flatter not curved like version 1

Yeah I know I am driving this home. It does bother me that version 2 main compartment does not open as wide as version 1 so gear does not get stuck when I am reaching for it like version 2. The lid on version 1 is acutally longer call it taller than version 2

The internal Velcro walls are higher in version 1 perhaps for more adjustment options

Verdict is I am returning the new peak design 10L bag version 2. I will use version 1 till I run it into the ground. There is no in use advantage to buy version 2 at this time.

The bag needs feet on the bottom of this bag!!

It is still difficult to pack a battery grip while attached to my A7 iii

Photo is A7iii with Sony 24-105 mm F 4.0 attached. You can fit a full size flash in this bag, Sony HVL 60 for example

At least version one and two are different interior colors to see the difference. Exterior color for both is black

Version 1

Version 2

The interior lid version 1 material I think is higher quality to version 2

Interior lid of version 2 below. Version 1 above

Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow