Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Rol Lei Nut Veteran Member • Posts: 4,716
Re: Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

TRIODEROB wrote:

seems like I read quite a number of threads where folks jump ship from Sony for those specific 4 items.

if Sony can be a leader in such hi tech areas as sensor development and eye focus , why cant they get the hand grip, portrait color science and an intuitive menu system right ???

just to be clear … I am not saying these things - but just look for yourself on the other forums at the number of Sony owners reaching out as they are about to eBay their Sony systems and buy Nikon, Canon R or Fuji

IMO those are non-problems.

Ergonomics are individual and subjective. There's no such thing as "one size fits all". A look at some of the threads discussing camera size will prove that.

The menu system is similar. Others may be more logical, but a lot is down to habit. Anyway, once the camera is set up, there's rarely a need to dive into the menu any more.

"Color science" for many is the PP software and how it's adjusted and used, not a characteristic of a camera.

Finally, I don't really care what some people are saying on forums (at least regarding such subjective matters).

Sony works well for me and I'm not bothered by those "problems" you mention.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow