Do you expect any new telephoto lenses from Canon in 2020?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 9,558
Re: Do you expect any new telephoto lenses from Canon in 2020?

Rexgig0 wrote:

I “expect” no EF lenses from Canon, in 2020. I suspect that the RF disruption has consumed all of the oxygen in the room. A 500L III IS would be a logical expectation, but I am not holding my breath. Canon really struck back against the Nikkor FL super-tele lenses, with the 400/2.8L II IS and 600/4L III IS.

There are some existing non-tele EF lenses I would like to add, such as the 28/2.8 IS, and 11-24L, perhaps in 2020.

It would be nice to eventually add a 300/2.8L II IS. It is my logical next target, perhaps pre-empting the 11-24L, as I am becoming interested in landscapes shot with telephoto lenses.

I have not given-up on Canon DSLRs; the 1DX III gives me hope.

i acquired my canon 300mm f2.8 II in 2012 (?) and it is my most fave lens. when i attach my canon TC 2.0 III on it, it is an instant sharp 600mm f5.6 that works excellent! it is perfect for birding with TC and also makes a perfect lens for portrait! it is also light and well balanced. you'll have no regret if you decide to get it and it is worth every penny of it.

i don't need any more lens, in fact, i have an over-inventory situation here i have about 13 "L" lenses, 2 zeiss lenses and one and only great sigma 150mm f2.8 non-IS macro lens that i like very much, so i couldn't care less if canon comes out with a new lens in 2020 or not   i will pick up a copy of new 70-200 f4.0 IS II, though, very shortly for travel. good luck.

here are a couple shots with canon 300mm f2.8 II and TC 2.0:

-- hide signature --

You miss 100 percent of the shots you didn't take!!! "Wayne Gretzky"

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow