From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
OP valenterio Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

DustyBin wrote:

I have A6300 and A7iii.... Amazon just had a Cyber Monday deal on the A6500 at £699. Very tempted, but no major improvement over A6300 which is my ‘second’ camera. The discussion here just saved me some money... thanks!

PS - One particular reason I am enjoying FF over APS-C... low light. I don’t know/care what the various tests state, but I see a huge difference in what is capable with the bigger sensor.

I also have an A7RIII which I use only for twilight shoots. I'm 80 years old and the A7RIII with the 12-24 lens + flash gets quite heavy for lugging around extensive day shoots. That's one reason I want to stay with the lighter gear A6XXX + 10-18 lens. I may just keep the 6300 until I can afford the 6600 or Sony releases a new APS-C with a new sensor, higher rez viewfinder and LCD.  But at my age, the odds are against me.

-- hide signature --

valente

valenterio's gear list:valenterio's gear list
Sony RX10 II Sony a7R III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow