I finally got it

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
JahnG
JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,423
Re: I finally got it

Chato wrote:

JahnG wrote:

Marty is an enthusiast as well.

What's he's saying us that most of us often just take "snapshots" of where we happen to be or something we happen to notice, and that the modern cell phone cameras do just fine in those situations.

I'm "disinterested" because I don't even own a cell phone. So, I think I can be objective, even though I ALWAYS carry a real camera around with me...

Hi Dave,

I have similar thoughts about phone cameras, certainly good for those that are satisfied with the properties of phone cameras. I have no problem with that. I hope all the phone camera "enthusiasts" respect that everybody do NOT like the phone cameras and the usability of phone cameras.

Personally I see no reason to use a "smartphone" (using just a simple phone). For me the ergonomics, the "fiddling" with program levels and uncertain working of touch screens makes a phone camera more or less worthless.

For me the dedicated keys of a real camera, the zoom range, the ease of use, and other properties makes a real camera absolutely superior.

Jahn

Hi Jahn

Back in the early 2000's I SO panned cell phone cameras, that like Marty, I have to admit that NOW their good for snapshots.

Every morning I walk around the neighborhood, and I DO take snapshots. And a cell phone could do just as well. But every now and then I come across something unusual and I am SO pleased to have a real camera with me...

Yes, that is a good reason to have a dedicated camera with you. However, for ease of use I no longer bring with me a DSLR on a longer daily walks, if I have no plan for specific shootings. I just bring with me the 1" sensor Panasonic ZS100, having a 10x zoom.

And to Marty, I did NOT include you in those advocating for only phone cameras. You quite clearly had a tolerant view about other camera preferences.

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow