Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
FujLiver
FujLiver Contributing Member • Posts: 785
Re: Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

TRIODEROB wrote:

seems like I read quite a number of threads where folks jump ship from Sony for those specific 4 items.

if Sony can be a leader in such hi tech areas as sensor development and eye focus , why cant they get the hand grip, portrait color science and an intuitive menu system right ???

just to be clear … I am not saying these things - but just look for yourself on the other forums at the number of Sony owners reaching out as they are about to eBay their Sony systems and buy Nikon, Canon R or Fuji

The A7 system is beautifully designed. It’s ergonomics are the best on the market for a compact FF camera IMHO

the menu is not great but not awful. After a day you learn it

the controls are great. Well placed, quality materials, well designed. A pleasure to use

the colours are especially good in the iii and iv models. Sony has very neutral colours which allows you to keep or configure. It doesn’t play the saturation game other companies do. If you want wizard of oz colours strait out of the camera then Sony is not for you

I don’t think any of the above reasons cause anyone to leave Sony, but people have personal preferences and sometimes like a change. Also they might like a lens on another system

as a big user of the minimalist Leica M system and other great handling systems, including the Leica SL, Nikon D800, Canon 5Dii and numerous great film SLRs, I can say the Sony A7 series, especially the iii and ivs, are amongst the best cameras ever made for ergonomics, usage and results. Of course there is always room for improvement. Waiting for the 1 terabyte sensor

There is no accounting for taste ...

-- hide signature --

"No photograph survives first contact with the subject"

FujLiver's gear list:FujLiver's gear list
Sony a7R III Leica CL Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Leica TL 18mm F2.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow