Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,495
Re: G9 or M1.2 ?

Felice62 wrote:

brianric wrote:

Felice62 wrote:

JaKing wrote:

Felice, I voted with my wallet for the E-M1 MkII + 12-100 at release.

Never regretted either for an instant.

Some pics I took at the Terracotta Warriors exhibition here (all the ones I took there). All with this combo.

https://canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/Cities/Melbourne/NGV/Terracotta%20Warriors/

e.g.

Thank you. Wonderful.

This is the one combo I am after to.. The other one being G9 + 50-200.

I shoot Olympus (2 E-M1 Mk II, 2 E-M1X). I also have both lenses. IMHO the 50-200/2.8-4.0 is the sharpest lens I own, works fine on Olympus cameras.

Yes the 50-200 is a nice zoom. I would let my 40-150 pro go, if I purchased the PL.

The advantage of the dual IS would not be negligible, though.

I don t know how often you plan to travel with the two bodies or if you plan to purchase a second body or only when you are close to home , but considering what you have written  I find it difficult to think on why you would consider the Em1II over the G9

a few reasons

if you travel with the two bodies you will save space and hassle by not having to carry different chargers and different  bodies

the G9 has way better ergonomics than the Olympus and don t get me started on the menus of the olympus

if you have gotten comfortable with the great LCD on the G9 you are going to miss it more than you think

DUAL IS is a huge thing especially  when using telephotos. I am NOT a zoom guy but the Panasonic Leica is probably the  best zoom I have EVER had all brands and systems included in my twenty five year as a photographer

for me it makes NO sense to buy the olympus if you plan to buy the PL tele zoom

Harold

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow