From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 8,145
Re: From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

Morph1909 wrote:

Im not sure why everyone of these threads these days have to be turned into a FF vs APSC debate. The OP didn't even ask about FF !.

Correct, this forum is constantly bashed around the head with it!

Going from the A6300 to the A6600 is unlikely to give that much noticeable improvement IQ. The colour science and way the images are processed is supposed to be better int he newer models and that may make some difference.

Where i think you will see an improvement is in the ergonomics and general handling. The a6600 has the My menu, more customs buttons , animal eye auto focus etc which are all improvements over the A6300. If you need them all not is more for you to decide. On paper the upgrade doesn't seem that great but i went to the store and got hold of the A6600 for 30mins and was really impressed with it.

The huge battery for time lapse/star trails, the enhanced e-shutter, do need to check that my a6500 allowed long shutter speeds in e-shutter! The extra c3 button is a nice touch as is the large deep grip. For video, you have eye af in video, you have headphone, flippy screen and of course touch screen over the a6300 along with ibis!

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a6600 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow