G9 or M1.2 ?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
mbike999
mbike999 Regular Member • Posts: 385
Re: G9 or M1.2 ?

I have owned and used both. They are both outstanding cameras.

The E-M1 II if you want the smaller camera with slightly better OIS when paired with compatible Olympus Pro glass, and higher reliability of the AF with fast action type shooting, or if you just like the feel and operation of Olympus.

The G9 if you want a better (IMO) hybrid camera with excellent video features, a focus point selector joystick, much better viewfinder and a more ergonomic body, better menus IMO. The AF experience is different because it uses DFD vs Phase detection. Some people are turned off by the visual nature of DFD when using AF-C (it didn't bother me personally), but my experience is AF-S is dead accurate. I also adore the pinpoint and AF Point scope features on G9. Similar to Olympus, you will have to purchase Lumix lenses to take advantage of Dual-IS feature.

In this case, given your shooting preferences I would pick the body that goes along with the lenses you want (although be assured that mixing and matching brands will still provide excellent performance) and choose which one you like using more if you can try them first.

You can't go wrong really.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow