Inconsistent exposure with 90D

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FMURO New Member • Posts: 10
Inconsistent exposure with 90D

Hello all,

I'm a plane spotter, i own a 70D and the 90D. I found my 70D to be perfect except for airshows were the AF struggles with fast fighter jets. I bought the 90D and so far i have had the same problems everyone has in terms of AF. I have adjusted to the recommended settings and i do have and improvement, but still less keepers that with the 70D. I did some test yesterday, (i will post picture in the afternoon) but want to know if anyone is having problems with the exposure. On a row of pictures i have the first one correctly exposed, but the following 3 or 4 are overexposed, then the 5th correctly exposed. When shooting a plane against blue sky, the exposure works very good, but when switched to a more busy backgrounds the problem starts. This doesn't happen with the 70D in the same situation.

My settings: AF Servo, Zone AF (center, did some test with single point and had the same result), AV shooting mode, exposure compensation -1/3.

Lens: Canon EF 70-300 f4-5.6L IS USM

ITR disabled, equal priority for first photo, focus for the second. JPG shooting.

I know that is difficult to give an opinion without pictures but i wanted to start the thread in case someone is having the same behavior. I recall having the same problem with the 7DMkI and switched to the lower grade 60D improving the exposure issue, so i know that's something with my skills and configurations.

FMURO's gear list:FMURO's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 90D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow