Aspect Ratios on Olympus cameras vs Panasonic?

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
AllFlawed Regular Member • Posts: 211
Re: Aspect Ratios on Olympus cameras vs Panasonic?

Andrew Mitchell wrote:

Dutch Newchurch wrote:

As an aside, the E-M10 mk ii is generally regarded as better for still photography than the mk iii (as well as being, now, less expensive). The mk iii is better for video.

Thanks for the information. However, I’m the sort of person who buys things infrequently, but likes the latest and best when I do. That’s one of the reasons the Panasonic was more attractive than the Olympus, ‘cos it’s newer. (Although I think the Olympus is a much prettier camera.) But the Mark 3 is 50% cheaper than the GX9, which is hard to ignore.

The Mark 2 seems to be about the same price as the Mark 3, which makes it a difficult sell.

That could mean the Mk III is a difficult sell for Olympus. It would not surprise me.

Now that the E-PL10 has put silent shutter back in drive functions available in all PSAM modes it now really is a better option for anyone using silent shutter which should not be the case for the lower level model.

Plus it is an admission by Olympus that it was a mistake to dump it in a special auto mode.

It's down to the controls. Slightly fewer still photography options with the mk iii.

If you're interested in the detail, I suggest you post a new question.

AllFlawed's gear list:AllFlawed's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon PowerShot G5 X Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-PL9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow