Small home studio?

Started 3 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Guizado New Member • Posts: 15
Small home studio?

Hello everyone ,

I have been reading a lot about lightning lately, and i decided to buy a few things last week but i think i might have made some mistakes.

So my studio is my living/dining room, Height 2.3M/7feet10, Width 4M/13feet and Lenght is 5M/16feet, but thats the whole size, so inside that space i have a sofa Dining table, TV and some furniture, do usable space is the full Height i do have the full Lenght but only 2M/7feet Width, for the record i am a hobbyist so this is not paid work, my interests are portrait(head and shoulders) and my newborn.

Anyways i purchased a 110cm/43" shoot through umbrella, a 110cm/43" reflective umbrella diffused and a 95cm/37" double diffused softbox now my mistake was i think the Godox SK400II i think it has too much power for the room size, it only goes to 1/16 i did a test shoot yesterday and its either under exposed photos or blown highlights, i have a grey background and even with the subject at 2M from the grey background with the softbox at 90 degree i still see a grey background when i should be seeing black.

I am using the x1t-s trigger and changing aperture and shutter to even hss speeds, although it doesnt support HSS because its voltage regulated it doesnt give you a curtain at hss speeds.

Now i only want to shoot as a hobbyist baby and portraits, so one light is enough and I dont see my self going outside often, i can spend as much as a AD200 or  GS200ii, would you guys think that would be enough or any other advice, am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks everyone.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow