Three Cameras of Same Model #, Keeping Files Straight?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chas Tennis Contributing Member • Posts: 826
Three Cameras of Same Model #, Keeping Files Straight?

I now have 3 cameras with the same model number, Casio Ex FH100, and want some advice on how to keep the files from each camera straight.

Camera #1, in about 2010, originally came with a CD to set it up with a computer. I assume that Casio support should have a more recent download for Casio Ex FH100 cameras.

The files are stored with file ID - DCIM/Casio 100/CIMG ####

There are now many picture & video files produced by Camera #1. The 2 additional cameras were purchased used so they will each have CIMG counts of their own.

I am also setting up a new computer. I am looking for the best way to keep the files from the 3 cameras straight that does not involve my renaming files. I am concerned about mistakes and replacing files.

1) What would happen if I used the most recent download from Casio Support but had 3 cameras with the same model number and simply put an SD card from any camera in my computer to upload?

2) Do camera manufacturers make some provision for storing files from more than one camera of the same camera model number?

3) Is marking with a Sharpie the best way to keep from mixing up SD cards?

4) Any other issues that you have encountered when using more than one camera of the same model number?

Chas Tennis

Casio Exilim EX-FH100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow