From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 8,145
Re: From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

valenterio wrote:

I love my A6300. It has given me amazing images for the past several years. However, it is several years old and I do occasionally get an out of focus shot. I know all the specs of the A6600 but am wondering if I would see even a smidge of better quality in the 6600 and perhaps more reliable focus. I shoot mainly static architectural and only RAW. Has anyone out there traded up to a 6600 from a 6300? Thanks.

Over my a6500, similar to a6300, I have seen an improvement in iq which I am exploring, I have noticed the low noise of iso50, although it's pushed, but I am exploring how much of an issue it is with dr and highlights!

Also, it looks like you can shoot long shutter with electronic which might be interesting, again just exploring this. In latitude there is a definite improvement in shadows compared to the a6500, it appears to shoot 2/3 to 1 stop faster too for the same exposure, weird, will test this more.

So far, totally impressed with the a6600, a6500 will probably be used against another lens at some stage.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a6600 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow