From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 8,145
Re: From A6300 to A6600. Is it worth it?

VBlaster_W211 wrote:

I'm also using the a6300, and just bought the a7riii when it dropped in price. I'll consider the a6600 if my subject needs fast tracking, or when I need to take long videos without stopping or overheating.

The a6600 grip is amazing. If it were cheaper I would had bought it at launch. Now still considering.

To me, the Sony APSC complements the FF, and my a7riii does not replace the apsc. There are many occassions when I prefer to travel light and pack small.

I prefer to pack small and travel light at all times, this is why the a6600 is now the main option to FF imo, its unique in the market and there is nothing like it, Sony got it spot on. For me the a6600 makes FF redundant, 1 stop of dr at base, 1 stop of better noise at iso6400 and a few extra pixels that gigapixel can easily provide if I need to make a gigantic print makes zero sense to gain what?

A finger dial and 1 stop of dof wide open, I prefer the corner evf to the center evf anyway and shallow dof is a benefit and a curse depending what you are shooting, when they are within 1 stop it makes the whole thing nuanced rather than anything else imo.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a6600 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow