If you ever visit Ludwig van Beethoven's birthplace...

Started 4 days ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
An avid reader
An avid reader Junior Member • Posts: 26
If you ever visit Ludwig van Beethoven's birthplace...

step inside the Namen-Jesu-church next door and have a look at the oak altar.

The modern wook altar was made from a oak tree, which had fallen down some time ago during a tempest. You can still visit the tumbled down oak tree in the forest outside of Bonn (the ancient capital of West-Germany). I first visited the church and later on in the day I jogged by the oak tree, where I found an photo exibition from a local photo club next to the oak tree. Unfortunately, I only had mobile phone with me on the trip through the forest. And when I wanted to go back to the oak tree the next day, the photo exhibition was already gone.

Thanks for looking.

This is the view from the  backside of the church. All shots within the church handheld with the a6300 + sigma 30, 1.4 combo.

this is a more detailed view of the main altar. You can still see the fault lines of the oak tree.

there you see another ensemble of the wook altar.

another view of the wood block and its natural crack .

Here you see the fallen oak tree and the piece of oak wook the artist cut out, in order to produce the altar (taken with my Samsung Galaxy S9)

Here is another photo with my Samsung galaxy S9, where you can  see on the left side in the back the gap in the wook trunk and on the right side the beginning of the photo exhibiton. I guess, the theme of the exhibition was something about forest.

Here comes another snapshot of the photo exhibition surrounded by the German Kottenforst (which is the name of the forrest outside of Bonn).

An avid reader's gear list:An avid reader's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a6600 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon Coolpix S9 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow