Shopping Opinions wanted

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nonicks Regular Member • Posts: 357
Shopping Opinions wanted

I've got $2000 shopping credits to use from my workplace , and I have to use it by the end of this year. I am thinking about adding something new to my camera bag as I want to take advantage on the cameras and lens promotions that are going on now.

My camera or lens needs? Nothing seriously missing or urgent indeed. But I recently gave my XT20 to my son, so I will be happy to acquire a second camera for myself although it is not a must-do.

I have been entertaining the idea of having a X-pro camera to bring along with me when I don't want to take my XH1 ( but I don't have problem to bring my XH1 with me most of the time). On the other hand, I am considering to add a FF system as I came from Canon FF.

1. Add a X-pro 3 ( this will finish the $2000 credits.) I am quite excited about this but this won't give me any extra glass to play with. - $1799 to $1999

2. Add X-pro 2 pus 80 macro ( a little over the $2000 limit but i don't mind put couple hundreds in myself). I don't have macro lens in my Fuji system. I am not a macro person but I am happy to learn. $1299+ $949

3. Add the XF 100-400 to my lineup and get the XT30 as backup. This is a lens I love to have as I do miss this focal length occasionally. I used to use EF 100-400L with my 5D AND 5DII for trips, zoo, safari, sports shooting and etc. I am not doing those often now so I was debating if I should buy with my own money. But this option won't give me an exciting second body ( form factor or format wise). $1699+ $799 ($400 over budget)

4. Get the SONY A7III and the sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM ART and start the mirrorless full frame venture. $1799+$ 650 ( it will cost me about $450+over the $2000 budget limit. But I think it's not a big deal because I will have a good gain in technical value - i.e. full frame, CAF speed, better eye AF + an 1.4 lens and the possibility to expand with this system)

5. Get the Nikon Z6 and the sigma 35/1.4 Art lens. ( a little cheaper option than SONY but I am not sure about the native Z mount lens roadmap)

I have XH1+ grip with 14/2.8, 23/2, 35/2 ,56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4, 50-230 and Godox Flash. As I said, I don't seriously miss anything in my setup but a second body.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Or have fun making any suggestions.

Thank you and happy shopping!

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow