Does dual IS really make a difference?

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kaelinlr New Member • Posts: 20
Does dual IS really make a difference?

hello,

so im a soon to be G9 owner who’s looking to get either the Olympus 12-40 or the pana 12-35. The Olympus is better in every way it seems (better iq, less aberration, cheaper, more zoom, manual focus clutch, and I don’t mind the weight as I’ll be coming from the 18-35 sigma so anything is lighter lol), except!!!! for Panasonic’s dual IS capabilities.

I’m a video guy first and foremost so smooth footage without a gimble is a blessing (reason I went to G9 in the first place over gh5, canon, and Fuji), so getting even better results would be definitely nice to have. However I’m just not sure how much a difference it makes, is it noticeable? Because the Olympus has it beat in every other category that matters to me, but if dual is that powerful, that would be a game changer in my decision making. G9 already has amazing IBIS, so would that just be overkill and I’m betting off getting a better lens, or is IS something you can never get enough of as a video shooter?

thank you!!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow