A9+FE 200-600 g OSS - WIldlife photography tracking question. Locked

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
This thread is locked.
SimpleUser
OP SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 117
Re: A9+FE 200-600 g OSS - WIldlife photography tracking question.

vett93 wrote:

SimpleUser wrote:

So - the Q: anybody has a way to acquire & track already moving subjects, and alternatively partially obscured subjects?

My combo seems to work fine. I assume that you set the Focus Area to Tracking and Tracking sensitivity to 1? What specific problems do you have?

Nice photos. Will not work for me as is when trying to shoot a goldcrest, or a dunnock for instance...-which seem to work and do what I want with the older (not really tracking) A99ii combo.

Fast & low flying birds (such as birds of prey on the hunt), it usually switches to track the background on its own (although on lock-on, and tracking focus), and of course forest songbirds, especially the shy ones.

A99ii, I have to track the motion using my motor skills, but it will focus and refocus on my subject no matter what.

I usually use the smallest tracking spot available (too many times the re was a twig between me and the subject, which I did not notice during the outing, only at home) and  center metering though I wolder if I should switch to spot (multi doesn't work well for me under the variable lighting conditions).

-- hide signature --

NK88
ILCE9 | ILCA99m2 || Kenko MC7 x2|| Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Minolta APO 300mm f2.8 | Tamron 150-600 G2 | Tokina 19-35 ||
LEAE4 || Kenko MC4 || Sigma500ex | Minolta AF 500 | Sigma 150&Macro

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Kenko Teleplus MC7 AF 2.0 DGX Kenko Teleplus MC4 AF 1.4 DGX Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow