Shenandoah Valley Hiking with the X-T100

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markgv Regular Member • Posts: 326
Shenandoah Valley Hiking with the X-T100

I have an older Tamrac Velocity 6x bag (~ 10" H x 9" W x 4" D > it's a very compact sling bag) that holds:

• X-T100 usually with XC 15-45mm lens
  • XC 50-230mm
  • Rokinon 12mm
  • old Nikon F Close-up No. 4T achromatic diopter that can nearly get to 1:1 macro with excellent results on the FC 50-230
  • Filter, battery, cleaning, SD cards

I.e., I can go from 12mm - 230mm to nearly 1:1 macro with this little kit.

We just spent a couple days hiking in the Shenandoah's near Strasburg, VA. This small kit is great for hiking and can cover just about any contingency. The pics are JPGs from the camera using Provia STD, but I touched them up a bit in LR to add a bit more pop.

This is with the 15-45mm at 15mm

Nearly same spot as previous but with the Rokinon 12mm. I did have to remove a couple of little sun flares but still pretty decent considering the sun at the edge of the frame.

Another of same bridge with the 15-45

I didn't have many opportunities to use the XC 50-230. (It was a bit hazy for distance shots.) This pic, however, shows detail possible. The sycamore tree seeds were about 20 yards away, and the branches in the background were from a tree on the other side of the river another ~40 yards away. Shot at 217mm!

Another thing I like about the XC 15-45 is that the close up is at the wide end to get a shot like this.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with this 'budget' kit!

markgv's gear list:markgv's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T100 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow