Mystery blurring

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gnine Contributing Member • Posts: 784
Mystery blurring

This type of thing has been a mystery to me, since I started shooting m4/3. I've not struck it before, and was curious as to peoples thoughts on what the actual cause is. Only notice it on slower shutter speed panning. If we look at the EXIF, it's shot at f/9, so should have oodles of DOF. The front wheel/brake disc/caliper is in focus, and relatively sharp, so we can't blame that. Panning speed must be pretty close, otherwise at 1/100 sec the front wheel/disc would be blurred also. IBIS is set to panning mode. In a day's shooting, I get dozens of shots showing this, and even more blurriness. So what gives?

Another example

The 3 of 31 on the windscreen is in focus, & sharp. The Cortina emblem on the boot lid to the right of FORD, is in focus & relatively sharp. It's shot at f/9 again, so DOF shouldn't be an issue. The panning speed must be very close, otherwise nothing would be sharp at 1/125 sec. But everything else is blurred.

I'm just curious is all. If I crank the shutter speed, I don't see the issue. But then the wheels etc are frozen. Ideas?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow